Sticky is the Status Effect of where you are slowed down and thus lose 1 hand per turn. Instead of the default 5 turns, it will be 4. Or, lower depending on the boss or enemies's own speed.
Other than using the Heal Orbs to remove the status from you, the only other way to remove Sticky is by using the Cleanser, which will clean off whatever is causing you to be sticky. By and large, the need to remove this is based on the boss you are facing as well as your Attack Power in regards to their HP.
The following locations, enemies, and bosses can put Sticky on you.
- Mysterious Mountain: Unlucky Slime(Enemy), Golden Slime(Rare Enemy)
- Cavern of Ancient Ruins: Pitch-Black Slit(#13 on the map)
- Cursed Forest: Corrosive Roots(#13 on the map)
- Mage Tower: Stairway of Trials(#2 on the map)
- Imperial Tomb: Burial Ground(#8 on the map)
- Canyon of Immortality: Red Bird Forest(#6 on the map)
- Dragon Archipelago: Mutated Crystals(#16 on the map)
- Abyssal Sea: Destroyed Pirate Bay(#8 on the map), Kraken(1st Boss)
- Impact Site: Latent Grove(#2 on the map), Micro-bacteria Hotbed(#3), Great Corrosion(#7), Evolution Nidus(#16)
- Hellgate: Tunnel of Exile(#2 on the map), Slaughterhouse(#6)
- Skyland: Angel Path(#1 on the map), Floating Rock(#12)
- Pandemonium: Legend Statue(#2 on the map)